Saturday, April 24, 2010

Madrid & Toledo






So my trip to Madrid was fun, although I didn't get to see too much. Personally I really liked it, different from Sevilla but I like that city. I really don't think it's as busy as everyone makes it sound it to be but maybe it's because I was just visiting the city. Either way it was a good trip. I got to see the Prado and Reina Sofia museum which I really liked (like I said before, even though I'm not an art person, it was AMAZING. The Prado Museum was so huge it was overwhelming, I was done after about an hour and a half. I have to admit, I'm really getting to like Picasso's work. We also went to the Botanic Garden, it was nice but Chicago's Botanic Garden is the shit, it has no competition :) And I also walked around a lot, just to take in the city. Our day trip to Toledo was OK, not as great as everyone told me it would be. Yes, the city of Don Quijote, but otherwise, I wasn't in love with it. Today I'm hitting up the Feria which is literally a block away from our apartment, so convenient I tell you! I swear the flamenco dresses of the women here are beyond explanation with words. So beautiful. Seeing them walking on the street for the week has still not gotten old. I'll post pictures of the Feria soon, I promise:)

No comments:

Post a Comment